What We Do
The primary objectives of the APPG for Youth Employment is to promote youth employment in all its forms and the role of young people within the economy; to ensure young people’s voices are heard; to highlight the need for quality opportunities; and to share best practice.
Shaun Bailey MP – Chair
Gary Samswell MP – Vice-Chair
Chris Green MP – Officer
Richard Holen MP – Officer
Andrew Gwynne MP – Officer
Lord Tony Hall – Officer
Lord Aberdare – Officer
Lord Shipley – Officer
The Secretariat for the APPG is Youth Employment UK CIC, the role of Youth Employment UK is to provide administration support, uphold the rules of an APPG and act as a key contact/coordinator for meetings and members. Youth Employment UK also manages any sponsorship monies, events and expenses, keeping full accounts records and making any necessary declarations of interest within the rules of the APPG.
Youth Employment UK is an independent, not for profit social enterprise founded in 2012 to tackle youth unemployment. As experts on youth employment and unemployment, we are ideally placed to understand the complex landscape facing young people, employers and policy makers.
We are actively tackling youth unemployment by:
- Giving young people a voice on the youth employment issues that affect them
- Supporting young people with the skills and careers support they need to progress
- Supporting employers to develop and be recognised for their youth friendly employment practice
- Connecting young people to Youth Friendly Employers
- Providing expert insight across all youth employment policy areas
For inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org